Recycle at home = Yes
Card and cardboard can be recycled by putting it in your paper and card recycling bin.
Recycle out of home = Yes
Card and cardboard tubes can be recycled at your local paper and card recycling collection point or at your council-run Household Reuse and Recycling Centre.
Be a great recycler…
- Card and cardboard should be kept clean and dry – please close the lid on your bin
- Wet or dirty card and cardboard should be placed in your rubbish bin (it cannot be recycled)
- Flatten cardboard boxes before putting them in your recycling bin to save space
- If in doubt, leave it out. Don’t let your enthusiasm to recycle contaminate a whole truck load of recycling – see What is ‘contamination’ and why is it important?
- Avoid buying items that are overly-packaged in cardboard boxes (particularly when shopping online)