Our website – slwp.org.uk – contains links to other related sites that may be of use. However, this privacy statement only applies to information collected on this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third party websites that may be linked to or from our pages.
slwp.org.uk also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. We use the information for the following general purposes: to fulfil your requests for certain areas of the website, and to contact you if needed or requested; and to help us monitor use of the website and the impact of any campaigns.
This policy gives you information on how SLWP collects and processes your personal data, what we do with your personal data and what legal rights are available to you.
How we use your data
Notwithstanding the exception below, SLWP does not share your personal data with third parties except to comply with legal obligations, to exercise our legal rights (i.e. court cases); for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and for the protection of our employees and contractors.
The exception would be an instance whereby you have sent a request or complaint to the SLWP that should have been directed to your local council e.g. a complaint concerning missed waste collections.
What personal data we collect
SLWP may collect the following information from you:
Name and Contact details (Address/Tel. Numbers (including mobile), email address and Vehicle Registration Number, the number of times you have used our services and your correspondence and communications with us.
How we protect your data
Your personal data is supplied to us through controlled processes that are protected through appropriate measures, including encryptions. Our service provider only permits access to your data, following audit and access logging, and is restricted based on business need.
The SLWP ensures its employees are conversant with, and comply with, our data security approach.
How long do we keep your data?
SLWP will not retain personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes we collected if for, including for the purposes of satisfying any accounting or reporting requirements. The longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years. We will ensure that we have regular reviews of the information we hold and ensure deletion of personal data that we no longer use.
Your rights relating to your personal data
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
- The right to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (the right to be informed)
- The right to be provided with information about the processing of any automated decision making and profiling and to request human intervention or challenge a decision.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the Contact page.
You will not be charged a fee if you make a subject access request.
We will endeavour to respond to your request within 20 working days of receipt.
Legal basis for keeping data
We are required to set out the legal basis for our processing of personal data. The SLWP has three bases for its data processing activities:
- Legal Obligation – a requirement to comply with the law
- Public Task – processing to perform a task in the public interest
- Legitimate Interest – processing for a legitimate reason other than performing our tasks as a public authority.
If you have concern about the way we are keeping or using your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Contact details, can be found at ico.org.uk
This Policy was prepared on 9 May 2023. It was last reviewed on that date.