RECYCLE AT HOME = YES
Paper can be recycled by putting it in your paper and card recycling bin. This includes:
- Printer paper
- Junk mail
- Shredded paper (as long as it’s put in a paper envelope, to stop it from clogging up the recycling machinery)
- Paper bags
- Wrapping paper (as long as it passes the scrunch test – for details see: wrapping paper)
- Notepad paper
RECYCLE OUT OF HOME = YES
Paper can be recycled at your local paper and card recycling collection point or at your council-run Household Reuse and Recycling Centre.
BE A GREAT RECYCLER…
- Paper should be kept clean and dry – please close the lid on your bin
- Wet or dirty paper should be placed in your rubbish bin
- If in doubt, leave it out. Don’t let your enthusiasm to recycle contaminate a whole truck load of recycling – see What is ‘contamination’ and why is it important?